Thursday, March 11, 2010

Our little girl

We have one cute little girl... or so everyone here seems to think. Yesterday I went to the health clinic on base for the pharmacy and other things. Everyone here (for some reason) is obsessed with Garrett's blue eyes. I guess I don't find it that unusual since all three boys in our family and many of my friends and their families have blue eyes. All the receptionists and nurses loved playing with Garrett. Who is wearing a blue shirt and matching Benjamin with the exact same color. They all thought "she" was a sweet and beautiful baby girl. Only one person realized afterward that she was a he. I didn't understand how someone could think that of a 9 month old wearing blue. Joseph pointed out later that maybe Garrett needs a haircut. Ohhh yeah, his hair is pretty long, I can see the confusion now. He looks like a hippie almost with the long fuzz everywhere.

For some reason Garrett loves to lay on the kitchen floor. This morning he found Benjamin's toes while on the floor and enjoyed playing with them.

He is not crying, he is just faking it because he was frustrated. Dang, he is a faker already.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

yep...may be time for a haircut. It's a sad time but Rob was the same way. Once they started calling his boy a girl...that was it.

HedaWood said...

Not to say I told you so, but...

Unknown said...

Oh! tell me about this! My boy, who is 6 now is STILL confused for a girl ALL .THE.TIME. But what gets me MOST is that my little GIRL - one year old - who is wearing PINK bibs, FLOWERED pants, EMBROIDERED shirts and PRINCESS hats are ALWAYS approached "how old is your BOY". My reaction:?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:) So. I learned : don't try to make it gender specific when you dress them up: people can be dumb anyway :)