Saturday, March 13, 2010

Music List

Most of the songs on my playlist are there because of memories and other reasons than that are pretty. I thought I would share with you some of the reasons.

Hey Good Lookin-a few of my cousins and I sang this song at my uncle's wedding when I was 8. It was fun and I was so nervous. He was the youngest uncle and so of course the funnest. I was so excited to be a part of their reception.

Ain't Nothing About You-going to dance everyday with others (and carpooling) you are bound to have some great memories with them to songs on the radio. Definitely one of those songs.

Cross My Heart-the first piano sheet music I ever saw and played.

All My Life-one of my cousins had it on their photo montage playing at their wedding reception. I thought this cousin was way cool and decided I would play it at my wedding reception. I did.

Apologize-it's just a great song!

Angels-the first song I heard Archuleta sing on Idol. I was impressed.

Just Want to Dance With You-My dad added this song to my wedding reception music. I loved that he did that.

Coladito-as a young one in love you embrace things your love enjoys. Joseph came back from Ecuador on his mission and got into the music by Mana. I actually do enjoy them still, even though I don't know what they are singing. But this drum solo I love because it is different than other drum solos I have heard.

All I Want Is You-I love U2 and I love this song.

When A Heart Breaks-I admit that I have watched the Vampire Diaries this season. While watching it, I find myself wishing that Twilight had such good acting and effects.

Save Me-Once Smallville introduced Lois to the show I couldn't wait for her and Clark to get together. Many years later I am back into the show and they are together! Whoo hoo!

Love Lockdown, Love Story Meets Viva la Vida, and Suite for solo cello No. 1 in G-as a dancer you sometimes hear a song and instantly have a desire to choreograph. I was able to do that with one of these songs. Love Story Meets Love Story (a rendition of the other due to legalities). It still gives me chills to hear this song.

All of Me-one evening while hanging out at a friends house in high school this song gave me chills and goosebumps. Matt Ririe's mom taught piano lessons and had many keyboards in the basement. 4 of our guy friends sat down and played this song together. It was one of the most piercing musical moments.

Good music is soooo wonderful!

5 comments:

coryshay said...

Wow, I have never heard Love Story meets Viva La Vida before and I love it!! I love John Schmidt though... he's great isn't he?

coryshay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Utah Dancer said...

I love how eclectic you are! What a fun trip of music to share! Thanks!

Kim said...

It's so true how music does have a link to a memory. I'll have to look at my playlist & take a walk down memory lane.

Ashlee said...

Ohhhhhh!!! I love it!