Monday, March 1, 2010

A few new developments

We haven't had anything really big or exciting happen, just a few little moments.
Benjamin:
I bought diapers for both boys and and hated it, it is so expensive! Benjamin refuses to use his potty chair. He has no desire and is very firm in his "no". So I am going to take another approach. I realized the other day that while my friends little girls were changing their outfits throughout the day, Benjamin didn't even know how or try to get dressed/undressed. I always have just done it for him. This is changing. I am working with him on how to change his clothes. Hopefully he will eventually get it and it will progress to some independance with the potty chair. Oh, sudden thought, I wonder what would happen if I put Cars stickers on it.
Last week we bought him a little swingset for the backyard. He really loves being outside and playing. He is talking away and trying to disciple Garrett. He has a very hard time sharing and is constantly taking toys from Garrett. It's pretty funny though because Garrett fights back.
Garrett:
I opened Benjamin's baby book and realized when he was Garrett's age he was pulling himself to standing and walking along couches. Garrett has just started steadily crawling. I figured I would spend some time with him helping him learn to pull himself to standing. BAD IDEA. Here is why-I love the short time frame where the boys play and I shower after my work-out. No one is asking me anything, no one crying for me. I think you moms understand. Well Garrett this morning thought it would be fun to join me. He pulled himself to standing and knocked over all the shampoo bottles and soap. Then he opened the curtain and just stood there, drenching himself in water. I have lost my peace of mind in the shower now. It made me pretty sad.
My computer is acting weird and when I load the pictures it just gives me the jibberish. So I don't know what picture is where. They unfortunately are just one big pile of pictures. They are pretty self explanatory except there are three of Garrett with crazy hair after his nap. They were supposed to go in the order of a)I just woke up and am not happy b)mmmm, cheerios c)I ate some food so now I am happy. Also the random picture is of a jawbone I found laying on a part of our deck. Yeck!












3 comments:

Teresa W said...

I love the playset! He and Garrett will have so much fun on it together!

Unknown said...

hey Steph, I'm not totally sre what you mean by jibberish but it may be the same thing that happened to me and I finally figured out that when I was writing out my post it needs to be on "compose" instead of "edit html." Those tabs are just above and to the right of the buttons for adding pictures and vids.

Then again it may be a different problem!

Also, I have to say I think you are so brave and doing so well being in a brand new place with no relatives to help. I'm so impressed--and you're gardening too?!?! Wow.

Linds said...

I've started locking the door when I shower...

Coleson had a similar issue when potty training. We started and then he refused and eventually became interested again and was trained pretty quick...But then he'd have accidents because he couldn't pull down his pants without help! It's a never ending cycle I swear, but at least each step makes it a little easier!