Without Joseph around, I haven't had anyone to express my thoughts to. I am going just a little crazy here, so you get to be the lucky person who hears the crazy out of order and unrelated thoughts I have. We get to see Joseph at church on Sunday, but we have to travel a bit to get to his new ward. As we drove through the sloping plains, I thought all this:
I feel like I am driving in the game Mario Kart. I forgot to fill the van up with gas yesterday, so we took the little green car. I was driving an unsteady, uncomfortably small car on a curvy and up and down road, trying hard to stay in between the lines.
Oh no, this car is so unsteady and a sign just said shoulder drop off. I need to keep a strong hold on the steering wheel. Wait, there aren't any mountains here. I didn't see a drop off. Did they seriously mean that maybe 3 foot ditch back there. Another crazy sign. Loose rocks. Where? Usually I would think that means watch out for falling rocks from the mtn, but I guess not here.
Oh don't hit that deer,phew that was a close one, wait that is not a deer nor a dog. Do they have coyotes or wolves here? That was definitely not a dog.
Oh yuck, road kill, an armadillo?!? I guess the possum I saw the other day wasn't the weirdest roadkill I have seen.
With the overcast and moving clouds, it's actually kind of pretty on this drive. Whoa, did I just call this place pretty? Without mountains?
Thoughts at home:
The cord to the light on the ceiling fan disappeared. I am not a guy, how am I supposed to know how to fix this?
Benjamin locked my bedroom door shut. I am not a guy, I don't know how to open locked doors! This is why they say it is not good for man to be alone and it is not good for woman.... hmmm, I don't think they say that. Just a passing thought. :)
I feel so much better now having shared my thoughts with someone. The boys have been pretty good so far with Joseph gone. Garrett unfortunately has had a really hard time napping. This can be pretty frustrating, especially today when I so desperately needed one and Benjamin surprisingly took one. This weekend we went to an event on base called Spring Fest. I was expecting a smaller scale version of Orem's Summerfest, but it was much much smaller. I expected the food to be great southern BBQ. There was only one food tent out with stale hot dogs and hamburgers consisting of pattie and bun only. It was pretty disappointing, however Garrett thoroughly enjoyed his first taste of hot dogs.
I did find out that in the corner there was a random tent with ribs and beans...I got excited. Only to find out they were out and it would be an hour before more was ready. They had a cute little train that Benjamin was able to ride by himself. (Notice the picture of the statue holding the boll weevil.)

He had a great time. He also played in a bounce house that was pretty empty. He was having a blast.
He would come up to the netting and jump while saying hi, setting Garrett off in giggling hysteria.
It was definitely small but still a great activity for the weekend.



6 comments:
Oh...funny. You're not crazy. Those types of thoughts go through everyone's heads.
I'm glad you were able to get out and do something yesterday. That always helps break up a long week.
Good Luck!
That is so funny that you mentioned the road kill. In ILlinois it is out of CONTROL!!! I love that there are so many little creatures here- who wouldn't love to see little bunny families out in yards when you go for a walk? But there is also SO much road kill. I plan on doing a post about it actually. I don't think we have armadillo's though. That WOULD be a sight!
Love it! Keep the randomness coming. . . it makes us all feel a little more normal :)
HEY! I'm so glad you said something! And I'm glad I know your blog now. I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU Are lIVING IN ALABAMA!!! And wanna know something even MORE CrAZY.... my husband is from Dothan, his family is there, and his Dad is your stake President, Pres Bess. What a small world! You are going to love it there, I promise. Oh how I love the south haha. Things at dance are good, we just started the recital dance. That is so funny we were teaching at the same studio! Sad I never saw you though... But keep in touch and enjoy the south for me! I still can't believe you are living in Enterprise!!!
You crack me up! I wish we could see you guys sometime before we leave. We've got a whole year to come up with a plan to meet. What do you say? (We'll be in Outer Banks, North Carolina the week of Sept. 11. You guys should come to the beach with us!) Your boys are so cute!
Oh, I just realized that it would be 14 hour drive for you. That just shot my hopes of getting to see you guys....
Post a Comment